Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- How do I choose the perfect wedding ring?
- How to buy an engagement ring?
- Which earrings are perfect for you?
- How to choose a diamond bracelet?
- Which ladies' necklace will make you sparkle?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Whqt types of gemstones are there?
- What is costume jewellery?
- How does one define high-quality jewellery?
- What about the categorisation of a diamond?
When does a jewel really belong to the top segment? The distinction between costume jewellery and high-quality jewellery, such as a diamond ring, has been under discussion in recent years. Since the last century, jewellery designers have interpreted the rules more freely, and as a result the lines between high-end and costume jewellery have blurred. BAUNAT explains the difference.
Most viewed diamond jewels
Ring in white gold with fishtail designFrom € 9.700 (excl. VAT)
Ring in yellow gold with fishtail designFrom € 9.700 (excl. VAT)
5.80 Ct earrings in yellow gold with fishtail designFrom € 8.070 (excl. VAT)
19.50 Ct necklace in red gold with fishtail designFrom € 22.870 (excl. VAT)
Ring in white gold with a radiant diamond and triangle diamondsFrom € 99.330 (excl. VAT)
In the 1700s, glass jewels emerged for the first time. Initially they were mainly made for the rich, who were looking for a less expensive version of their high-quality jewellery that they could wear on a daily basis. In the centuries that followed, the demand for affordable jewellery also increased amongst the middle class. From the industrialisation in the 1920s onwards, jewellery designers really started experimenting. Fashion changed rapidly and jewellery was increasingly made with cheaper materials to keep track of the trends.
Jewellery designers continue to innovate and experiment, which means that other materials such as diamonds will also become part of the top segment. Over time, the boundaries between costume jewellery and high-quality jewellery may blur even further. Every generation has its own trends and hypes and today the focus lies on feeling and individuality. Yet a diamond ring remains a unique piece of jewellery, as it is a truly high-end jewel that retains its value. This timeless class is not out of place with more modern materials.
Are you looking for a high-quality diamond ring and would you like advice on your choice? Contact the BAUNAT experts!