Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- How do I choose the perfect wedding ring?
- How to buy an engagement ring?
- Which earrings are perfect for you?
- How to choose a diamond bracelet?
- Which ladies' necklace will make you sparkle?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Whqt types of gemstones are there?
- A solitaire ring is a lovely classic among the engagement rings.
- Furthermore, this type of ring would be breathtakingly beautiful with a cornflower blue sapphire, or a colour variation thereof.
- Not yet found the perfect diamond engagement ring? BAUNAT has an extensive collection to choose from.
A solitaire ring is an absolute classic among the engagement rings. This model is still most often chosen as an engagement ring. Men are rather traditional, in that aspect. They are absolutely right to choose this model. A solitaire ring is timeless, elegant and suits every type of women and every outfit. Traditionally, this model is most beautiful set with a lovely brilliant, whose carat weight is as high as possible. However, a coloured diamond and/or gemstone is certainly a possibility too. Few associate a solitaire ring with sapphires. Even fewer people know that sapphires are not always cornflower blue. They come in a variety of hues. Which ones? Discover it here!
Most viewed diamond jewels
VeneziaFrom € 4.870 (excl. VAT)
0.55 carat diamond eternity ring (full set) in white goldFrom € 1.020 (excl. VAT)
2.00 carat diamond princess earrings in red goldFrom € 1.530 (excl. VAT)
1.00 carat diamond flower ring in platinumFrom € 870 (excl. VAT)
0.20 carat diamond design infinity necklace in platinumFrom € 1.330 (excl. VAT)
What is a sapphire?
A sapphire is a precious stone that is famous for its cornflower blue colour. But, in fact, it is actually a transparent corundum. The blue colour is caused by the presence of ‘contaminating’ iron particles. High quality sapphires are regarded as one of the most valuable precious stones in the world. Few know, however, that a sapphire can acquire almost any colour, from green to yellow and even a rare pink-orangey shade. Sapphires are therefore a perfect alternative for coloured diamonds, which are still more expensive.
A solitaire ring set with a non-blue sapphire
Everyone knows the traditional solitaire ring with a white or colourless brilliant. Men who would love to propose to their loved one with a more original ring, can opt to substitute the diamond for a colourful sapphire. The most important thing to consider when doing this, is to choose her favourite colour, a colour that will emphasise her personality. With this, you can show her you know her through and through, something every woman loves!
Are you still looking for a beautiful solitaire ring? Feel free to browse through our extensive collection of diamond rings. Are you interested in or do you have questions regarding one of our models, do not hesitate to contact us.