Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- Choosing the perfect wedding ring
- Buying an engagement ring: expert tips & tricks
- Welke diamanten oorbellen kopen?
- Which earrings are the right ones for you?
- How to choose the perfect diamond bracelet?
- How to choose a necklace for ladies?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- A guide to building up your jewellery collection
- What types of precious metals are there?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Jewellery trends and innovations in 2020
- What sorts of diamond setting are there?
Giving gifts is a tradition as old as humankind itself. We delight in giving our loved ones a beautiful present, and jewellery simply has to be the best present of all. But what jewellery is right for each occasion? Take for example, a heart necklace for Valentine's Day, or how about an eternity ring for a wedding anniversary?
- Why is jewellery such a unique gift?
- When is jewellery an appropriate gift?
- Personalise your gift
- Which new gift-giving traditions have we noticed?
- How can I be confident I've made the right choice?
Most viewed diamond jewels
- 0.50 carat solitaire ring in yellow gold with round diamond and four prongsFrom USD 2.310 (excl. VAT)
- 0.70 carat solitaire ring in white gold with princess diamond and side diamondsFrom USD 2.380 (excl. VAT)
- 1.00 carat solitaire ring in white gold with side diamondsFrom USD 3.250 (excl. VAT)
- 1.00 carat solitaire halo ring in white gold with round diamondsFrom USD 3.340 (excl. VAT)
- 1.00 carat solitaire diamond ring in white goldFrom USD 2.360 (excl. VAT)
What is the symbolism behind this unique gift?
Do you consider the emotional value to be more important than the price tag? Have a gold bracelet engraved for your daughter, or have jewellery tailor made. One of the most symbolic bracelets is undoubtedly the gold bracelet worn by the Dutch Queen Maxima with five precious stones in various colours, one for each family member.
Jewellery has powers of persuasion
Jewellery uniquely expresses your love
Your jewellery doesn't have to be old to be associated with an exceptional story. The story of how the love blossomed between you and your partner; what can beat that? A diamond engagement ring symbolises the bond with your loved one like no other.
Diamond jewellery is no longer solely a woman's remit
When should I start giving my partner jewellery?
There is no greater show of your love than on your wedding day of course. In the presence of family and friends you slip a gold ring on each other's fingers as a symbol of your everlasting love. A diamond wedding ring is also a popular, stunning choice.
Giving jewellery on Valentine's Day
Engagement jewellery gifts
Has your daughter got engaged? If so, you could give her a pair of diamond earrings to complement her bridal jewellery.
Giving jewellery for a wedding
Ideally, give your gift ahead of time, so she can wear it on the big day. You could also contribute towards the wedding rings with a gift voucher.
Giving jewellery to celebrate a wedding anniversary
A popular wedding anniversary gift nowadays is an eternity ring. Further confirmation of your eternal love for one another!
Giving jewellery to celebrate a birthday
A watch for a man is an exceptionally classic gift. Does he set a lot of store in pure craftsmanship and expertise? If so, choose a mechanical watch. Or, would he prefer something more for everyday wear? If so, a quartz watch is the way to go.
Delight your father with a stunning watch or a manlyring with black diamonds.
Giving jewellery for a Communion or Spring Festival
Giving jewellery to family at Christmas or New Year
So, you could buy your niece a set of stackable rings to match her bracelet collection, for example. And for your grandmother it could be a necklace set with different diamonds, whereby each diamond represents a grandchild.
Giving jewellery upon becoming a godmother or godfather
A necklace with a locket is a great idea. You could pop a photo of the child inside the locket. Or, you could have a bracelet or watch engraved with your godchild's date of birth.
Giving jewellery upon graduation
The graduation ring is an American tradition that exists to this day
Design your own jewellery
Have your jewellery engraved
Many people opt for a date, such as a date of birth or wedding date, but you could also add your own text, motto or quote. Just as long as it bears special significance to you or the person you are giving it to.
Or, otherwise you could go for sapphire, of course. As the birthstone for September this precious stone guarantees a trouble-free life. Those with a sapphire will tread in the footsteps of many famous people who wore a sapphire ring. People such as Lady Di, later Kate Middleton, and Empress Joséphine of France.
Yet during prosperous times we have observed a number of novel, altruistic gift-giving traditions appear. No doubt at some point you have also received a request via Facebook from someone whose birthday it is asking you to donate an amount to a non-profit organisation. In psychology, this is described as the 'helper's high'.
Another new gift-giving tradition that has wended its way across the Pond is a push present. The new father gives a gift to the woman who brought his child into the world as a token of his love for them both. So, it is actually a congratulatory gift for the mother after each childbirth.
Our jewellery is made in Antwerp exclusively by hand by skilled craftspeople. We only use premium precious metals and precious stones. With a five-star rating on Trustpilot and insured delivery, you can rest assured you're making the right purchase. BAUNAT guarantees an optimum price-quality ratio.
Are you nonetheless not entirely sure about your BAUNAT purchase? You have 30 days after the purchase date to return your purchase to us free of charge. You will either be given a refund or can select another item of jewellery.
Determining the right size
One quick way is to measure a ring or bracelet she already wears, or to take it to the jeweller to have it measured. Don't have anything to hand to measure? You could always use a ring sizer.
Be guided by an expert
Why should you be guided by an expert? They can advise you on your jewellery size, the precious metal you can use as well as the styles to choose from. It is easy to make an appointment at one of the BAUNAT showrooms, or to chat online with one of our jewellers.
Why buy your unique gift at BAUNAT?
With an extensive jewellery collection and jewellery designers who are Belgian born and bred, crafting by hand in the diamond capital Antwerp, we are the ultimate partner for all your diamond gift requirements. Only the very best precious metals are melted and processed into BAUNAT jewellery. Our Antwerp-based specialists respect traditions and boast the technical know-how in crafting top quality jewellery. Which is why we can offer you an extraordinary 20-year product guarantee.
When you place your BAUNAT jewellery gift order, we handle it with the utmost care and discretion. What can you expect once you have placed your order?
- Free delivery of your insured gift
- Delivery usually within 10 working days
- Exclusive gift wrapping
- Possibility to return the jewellery within 30 days
- 20-year guarantee
More inspiration for a specific occasion
- On Mother's Day give jewellery that conveys how you feel to perfection
- Why your father deserves a watch or other item of jewellery on Father's Day
- What jewellery is a perfect gift at Christmas and New Year?
- Surprise her with stunning jewellery on Valentine's Day
- The perfect gift to celebrate your wedding anniversary