Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- Choosing the perfect wedding ring
- Buying an engagement ring: expert tips & tricks
- Welke diamanten oorbellen kopen?
- Which earrings are the right ones for you?
- How to choose the perfect diamond bracelet?
- How to choose a necklace for ladies?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- A guide to building up your jewellery collection
- What types of precious metals are there?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Jewellery trends and innovations in 2020
- What sorts of diamond setting are there?
- How long should a bracelet be?
- How do I measure and determine the right size for a bracelet?
- What should I do if my bracelet is too long or too short?
The perfect fit for a bracelet depends on the type of bracelet: for example, a bangle is worn in a different way to a chain bracelet. Find out everything you need to know about the right size for bracelets, and what options there are for dealing with a bracelet that is too tight or too loose around the wrist and therefore needs to be enlarged or reduced.
Most viewed diamond jewels
- 6.60 carat diamond tennis bracelet in yellow goldFrom USD 4.440 (excl. VAT)
- 0.70 carat diamond satellite bracelet in yellow goldFrom USD 1.710 (excl. VAT)
- 5.20 carat diamond tennis bracelet in yellow goldFrom USD 4.440 (excl. VAT)
- 9.00 carat diamond tennis bracelet in red goldFrom USD 4.440 (excl. VAT)
- 0.34 carat bold diamond chain bracelet in yellow gold with diamond pendant of 1.44 caratFrom USD 10.040 (excl. VAT)
Ultimately, how loose or tight a bracelet fits is largely a question of taste. If in doubt, a bracelet that is slightly too wide is much more comfortable to wear and looks more elegant than a bracelet that is too tight and sits firmly on the wrist.
For a tighter fit, select a bracelet that corresponds with the measurement you have taken. For a normal, looser fit, add 1-1.5cm to the measurement taken. If you want the bracelet to have a very loose fit, add 1.5-2cm to the measurement taken.
For broaderbangles, calculate the width and measure where the bangle ends in the forearm area. For example: if the bangle is 5cm wide, do not measure the circumference directly at the wrist, but 5cm from the wrist towards the elbow. This ensures that the bangle still fits comfortably even at the tightest point.
Remember that your left and right wrists may have slightly different circumferences depending on which hand you use more in everyday life. For right-handed people, the right wrist is usually a little thicker, while for left-handed people the left is usually thicker. This phenomenon is explained by increased musculature, even if the bony area is identical.
Do you want to buy a bracelet as a gift but have no way of measuring your loved one's wrist in advance? Take a look at any existing jewellery: the circumference of the wrist can be measured on bracelets or even wristwatches that your loved one likes to wear.
The situation is different for bracelets with a box clasp, a type of clasp that is often used for wider or particularly high-quality bracelets such as the tennis bracelet. The slider is inserted into a small box and locks into place, partly with an additional figure of eight next to the clasp. With this type of fastening, it is not possible to make personal adjustments.
A bracelet that is too tight is more tricky. As with all pieces of jewellery, reducing the size is always easier than enlarging it. For normal chain links, e.g. links made of white gold or yellow gold, additional links can be inserted. To do this, contact the supplier from whom you purchased the piece of jewellery in the first place. Lengthening becomes particularly challenging with elaborately crafted bracelets or bangles. In theory, any alteration is possible, but you should always ask in advance whether the value of a piece of jewellery makes its adjustment by a professional worthwhile.
In general, if you can carefully measure the size before purchase, you will save yourself the effort of making alterations afterwards.
Are you interested in a high-quality bracelet with diamonds? BAUNAT's experts will be delighted to advise you, free of charge and without obligations. Just get in touch.