Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- Choosing the perfect wedding ring
- Buying an engagement ring: expert tips & tricks
- Welke diamanten oorbellen kopen?
- Which earrings are the right ones for you?
- How to choose the perfect diamond bracelet?
- How to choose a necklace for ladies?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- A guide to building up your jewellery collection
- What types of precious metals are there?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Jewellery trends and innovations in 2020
- What sorts of diamond setting are there?
- What is your partner’s style?
- Which precious metal does she prefer?
- What is your available budget?
- What determines the price of the diamond?
- What quality are you going to go for?
Finding the perfect engagement ring isn’t necessarily all that easy when you’re not used to shopping for jewellery for her. What is her favourite style? And how do you make sure And how do you make sure the engagement ring also perfectly goes with your future wedding rings? Play it safe and opt for an engagement ring in white gold with a diamond. You certainly also have an abundance of choice within these timeless models. We will help you find the perfect engagement ring in 5 steps.
Most viewed diamond jewels
- 1.90 carat solitaire ring in white gold with oval diamondFrom USD 3.180 (excl. VAT)
- 0.90 carat solitaire diamond ring in platinum with six prongsFrom USD 1.720 (excl. VAT)
- 1.00 carat solitaire halo ring in white gold with round diamondsFrom USD 3.340 (excl. VAT)
- 0.70 carat solitaire diamond ring in white gold with side diamondsFrom USD 2.730 (excl. VAT)
- 1.00 carat solitaire diamond ring in white goldFrom USD 2.360 (excl. VAT)
What is your partner’s style?
Does your partner have more of a classic style? Then a white gold solitaire ring, an engagement ring in white gold with one diamond as an eye catcher, would be the right choice. Does she prefer a modern look? Then make sure you take a look at the designer jewellery line. Each and every one is a unique modern design, produced by local designers. There is an engagement ring for every single woman, which will perfectly match her own style.
Do you know which style suits her best? Then you are ready for step 2: choosing the precious metal.
Which precious metal does she prefer?
Whether you opt for yellow gold, red gold, white gold or platinum will also help determine the style and appearance of the jewellery. Nowadays people often opt for timeless white gold. An engagement ring in white gold with a diamond is also easy to combine with other jewellery and different looks. Platinum looks a lot like white gold, but there are still a number of important differences.
An engagement ring in white gold with a diamond is cheaper, but an engagement ring in platinum will retain its white colour better. This seamlessly takes us to your next choice: your budget.
What is your available budget?
Plenty has been said and written about how much an engagement ring should cost. There are those who are adamant it should be 2 months’ wages, whilst others feel you should be spending 3 salaries. It goes without saying that your available budget is completely down to you! As you have been able to read above, platinum and white gold are alternatives with a similar look, yet quite a different price tag.
But your choice of diamond will also influence your budget. The bigger the diamond, the higher the price. Although there are also a number of tricks to make the diamond appear bigger.
What determines the price of a diamond?
It isn’t just the size of the diamond which determines the price. You also need to consider the cut and quality. If you opt for a solitaire engagement ring in white gold with a diamond, you will undoubtedly notice a price difference between the round brilliant and the square princess cut. Even though the round brilliant is still the most popular, the square princess cut is certainly a worthy and more affordable alternative.
The round brilliant may well shine the brightest, but you will notice little difference to the princes cut diamond’s shine with the naked eye. Both shapes are therefore seen as forming part of the most beautiful diamond shapes.
What quality are you going to go for?
Are you going to opt for an engagement ring in white gold with a diamond of a lower quality, in order to be able to buy a bigger diamond? Or would you rather have a smaller diamond of a higher quality? Always make sure you go for a 100% natural diamond with a beautiful white colour. You also need to ensure you pay careful attention to the accompanying certificate, which is issued by an independent laboratory.
You will be issued with one of these certificates for every diamond from 0.30 carat, which guarantees the gemstone’s identity and quality. It goes without saying you can ask for advice from diamond experts.
This information means you are now one step closer to finding the perfect engagement ring. Armed with this extra knowledge, make your choice from the collection of engagement rings or instead opt to design your own personalised tailor-made piece of jewellery.