Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- How do I choose the perfect wedding ring?
- How to buy an engagement ring?
- Which earrings are perfect for you?
- How to choose a diamond bracelet?
- Which ladies' necklace will make you sparkle?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Whqt types of gemstones are there?
Are you looking for a spectacular engagement ring for your proposal? A whopper that she can't say no to? We like to share our tips in finding the perfect engagement ring, as well as a few tricks in how to go large. How can you make her engagement ring appear bigger than it is? Read on!
Most viewed diamond jewels
VeneziaFrom € 4.870 (excl. VAT)
0.55 carat diamond design floral bangle bracelet in yellow goldFrom € 2.275 (excl. VAT)
0.75 carat diamond creole earrings in yellow goldFrom € 2.740 (excl. VAT)
0.90 carat white golden solitaire pendant with round diamondFrom € 1.900 (excl. VAT)
1.70 carat design medallion with small round diamonds in white goldFrom € 6.190 (excl. VAT)
How to make her engagement ring appear bigger than it is with a 'halo'?
Did you know that 'halo' is a term that is primarily used in meteorology and astronomy? A halo is a natural phenomenon where a circle of light surrounds the sun or moon. In the world of jewellery and diamonds a halo comprises a ring of smaller diamonds that encircles a large central stone. How does the halo make her engagement ring appear bigger than it is? The brilliance from all the stones creates the illusion of one impressive diamond.
The halo setting that looks like an aureole was devised in the 1920s and as such is ideal for those looking for a vintage engagement ring. Are you a bit light in the pocket at the moment with your budget for her engagement ring? If so, why not have a couple of extra side stones added at a later date?
Silence may be golden, but diamonds are worth a yell of happiness.
It's not just with the pavé setting that you can create an optical illusion. The bezel setting too makes your centre diamond appear bigger than it is. Bezel actually refers to the way in which the stone is kept in place. With a bezel setting the diamond is encased as it were by the precious metal. Not only does your diamond appear to be bigger but it is protected even more against friction and damage. An added bonus!
How to combine other rings to create a bigger effect?
What if the ring appears smaller over time?
How then to make the diamond appear bigger again? Clean it in lukewarm soapy water, using white soap and a soft brush.
Even by simply not wearing the ring for a short while, it will suddenly appear bigger. It is a fact nowadays that we soon get used to daily things whereby even unique items start to look commonplace.
Are you looking for the perfect engagement ring? Browse the BAUNAT diamond engagement ring collection or contact us by email, over the phone or by live chat for further advice.
What other engagement ring options are there?
- How much should her engagement ring cost?
- Where can you find a stylish vintage engagement ring?
- Engagement ring with 2 diamonds: twice as symbolic
- Why opt for a ring with 3 diamonds?
- What does the diamond on my solitaire engagement ring signify?