Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- How do I choose the perfect wedding ring?
- How to buy an engagement ring?
- Which earrings are perfect for you?
- How to choose a diamond bracelet?
- Which ladies' necklace will make you sparkle?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- What types of gemstones are there?
It happens very rarely, but sometimes nature donates ‘us' a giant diamond. A diamond so big, that it’s beyond every imagination. Some are even so big that they even dwarf the diamonds of celebrities - just think of Liz Taylor - and those of our European royal families. And we mere mortals can only dream of seeing such beauty.
Most viewed diamond jewels
1.50 carat ring in red gold with round diamondsFrom € 4.000 (excl. VAT)
2.00 carat diamond princess earrings in red goldFrom € 1.690 (excl. VAT)
XO earrings in red gold with small round diamondsFrom € 780 (excl. VAT)
1.00 carat diamond flower ring in platinumFrom € 1.240 (excl. VAT)
1.06 carat diamond design necklace in platinumFrom € 2.330 (excl. VAT)
All of the top 10 giant diamonds have been mined in Africa, most of them in South Africa. However, it is since 1990 that such a diamond has been discovered, the very first was found in 1888. The Cullinan diamond is the largest uncut (!) diamond found on earth so far. It was cut in Amsterdam and processed in the British Crown Jewels. The largest of all is the Cullinan I (Great star of Africa) and was the largest cut diamond in the world until the Golden Jubilee - 545.67 carats or 15 carats more than the Cullinan I - has been found in 1985.
The Cullinan I may no longer be the biggest, it remains the most expensive diamond in the world, with an estimated value around 1 billion US dollars.
Discover the diamond rings of BAUNAT!