Diamond is one of the hardest materials in the world. It is a gemstone that traditionally captures the imagination the most. People buy diamond jewels to express their love to someone but also to show how powerful they are. It is a stone that inspires. A lot has been written about diamond(s), but there certainly are things you do not know:
Jewellery you might like
VeneziaFrom USD 4.500 (excl. VAT)
0.30 carat diamond stackable alliance in yellow gold with marquise designFrom USD 920 (excl. VAT)
1.00 carat diamond flower ring in platinumFrom USD 1.020 (excl. VAT)
1.00 carat solitaire halo ring in white gold with round diamondsFrom USD 2.560 (excl. VAT)
0.90 carat solitaire diamond ring in platinum with six prongsFrom USD 1.480 (excl. VAT)
- The word diamond is derived from the Greek word Adamas, which means invincible and unbreakable. The fascination for the diamond is anything but a modern issue, but goes way back in history. Myths about diamonds were the order of the day in the antiquity.
- Recently it has become very popular to buy jewels set with coloured diamonds. Did you know that red is by far the rarest colour for a diamond? And thereby the most expensive! A perfect example is the red Moussaieff diamond of 5.11 carat that was sold at an auction for 8 million American dollars.
- The average (mined) diamond is 1 to 3 billion years old. So, that means that the diamond processed in your favourite jewel is older that the oldest dinosaur.
- The word carat is derived from the intriguing Carob tree, of which the seeds were used in the past as a standard for weighing gemstones. All those seeds have practically the same weight ( 0,197 grams on average): therefore, 1 carat resembles 0,2 grams.
- It used to be far from common to buy a diamond ring for your fiancée. The first diamond engagement ring ever given, was by archduke Maximillian of Austria to Maria of Burgundy in 1477.
If you are considering to buy a diamond ring, then make sure to take a look at our broad collection. From diamond earrings to beautiful necklaces, we undeniably have a jewel that fits your style and taste. Do not hesitate to contact us.