Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- How do I choose the perfect wedding ring?
- How to buy an engagement ring?
- Which earrings are perfect for you?
- How to choose a diamond bracelet?
- Which ladies' necklace will make you sparkle?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Whqt types of gemstones are there?
The color of diamonds is influenced by the atomic structure of the mineral. A diamond is solely composed of carbon atoms that will be almost colorless. The presence of boron gives a blue color, whereas yellow is caused by the influence of the nitrogen, while the hydrogen gives pink, red and purple. Finally the contact with some retroactive uranium salts gives green.
Most viewed diamond jewels
VeneziaFrom € 4.870 (excl. VAT)
0.90 carat white golden solitaire pendant with round diamondFrom € 1.900 (excl. VAT)
0.20 carat diamond design infinity necklace in platinumFrom € 1.440 (excl. VAT)
1.06 carat diamond design necklace in platinumFrom € 2.270 (excl. VAT)
4.00 carat diamond tennis bracelet in white goldFrom € 3.300 (excl. VAT)
The boron content in the diamond absorbs all light of the wavelength contained in the ore, except blue. The most famous blue diamond of all times is the "Hope" diamond of 45 carats.
Browse various coloured diamonds
Would you like to know more about a particular colour, or find out which are the most famous diamonds?
Then read our other articles below.
• What are blue diamonds?
• Why are brown diamonds so popular nowadays?
• What are the advantages of yellow diamonds in jewellery?
• What makes a red diamond so unique and valuable?
• Why choose a pink diamond over a white one?
• A black diamond: why not?