Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- How do I choose the perfect wedding ring?
- How to buy an engagement ring?
- Which earrings are perfect for you?
- How to choose a diamond bracelet?
- Which ladies' necklace will make you sparkle?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Whqt types of gemstones are there?
What is ethical jewellery?
The trust of consumers is what makes today’s jewellery industry successful. Indeed, the consumer is looking at purchasing a high value item with a strong emotional appeal and therefore a controlled supply chain is crucial in building and maintaining this trust.
Most viewed diamond jewels
0.55 carat diamond design floral bangle bracelet in yellow goldFrom € 2.275 (excl. VAT)
0.30 carat diamond stackable alliance in yellow gold with marquise designFrom € 970 (excl. VAT)
1.00 carat diamond flower ring in platinumFrom € 870 (excl. VAT)
1.00 carat solitaire diamond ring in white goldFrom € 1.740 (excl. VAT)
1.06 carat diamond design necklace in platinumFrom € 2.040 (excl. VAT)
Ethical jewellery is jewellery for which we know the whole supply chain, from the source to the finished piece of jewellery. It is very important that consumers know that the piece of jewellery they are purchasing is from a sustainable source, made by the best craftsmen and with diamonds that are fully traceable.
Buying diamonds and jewellery which are considered ethical
Buying diamonds is not an easy task, but if trust is present, then the first step is completed successfully.
Understanding if diamonds and jewellery are ethical can be done by looking at the information companies are sharing with their consumers on their website:
- starting with information about the quality of the stones and for instance if there is certification by a recognised laboratory
- looking at where the piece of jewellery is manufactured and by whom, whether it is locally or elsewhere
- and eventually sharing information as to whether the supply chain and the whole process is actually controlled and/or known by the company.
These factors are all important when looking at buying diamonds, whether for investment purposes or not.
We at BAUNAT recognise the importance of consumer trust and have build the company upon it:
- by buying diamonds directly at the source and always providing recognisable laboratory reports for the diamonds that are certified.
- by designing and manufacturing the pieces of jewellery by hand at our local workshop in Antwerp and therefore always making sure we control the supply chain for all of our diamonds and jewellery.