Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- Choosing the perfect wedding ring
- Buying an engagement ring: expert tips & tricks
- Welke diamanten oorbellen kopen?
- Which earrings are the right ones for you?
- How to choose the perfect diamond bracelet?
- How to choose a necklace for ladies?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- A guide to building up your jewellery collection
- What types of precious metals are there?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Jewellery trends and innovations in 2020
- What sorts of diamond setting are there?
There are hundreds of books about jewellery and gems on the market today and every couple of years there are new issues, re-prints and so forth. Finding what you are looking for may therefore be a little difficult. That is why today, we are going to share with you 4 books that are inspiring, interesting and provide good sources of information to help you when buying jewellery and gemstones.
- Hidden Gems - Jewellery Stories from the Saleroom
- Rings: Jewelry of Power, Love, and Loyalty
- 7000 Years of Jewellery
- GEM, the definite visual guide, to help you when buying jewellery
Most viewed diamond jewels
- 4.00 carat classic earrings in white gold with six prongs and diamonds of exceptional quality (D-IF-EX)From USD 35.830 (excl. VAT)
- 1.00 carat white golden solitaire pendant with pear shaped diamond of exceptional quality (D-IF-EX)From USD 8.450 (excl. VAT)
- 1.00 carat solitaire ring in white gold with pear shaped diamond of exceptional quality (D-IF-EX)From USD 8.190 (excl. VAT)
- 2.00 carat solitaire ring in white gold with six prongs and diamond of exceptional quality (D-IF-EX)From USD 18.340 (excl. VAT)
- 2.00 carat white golden solitaire pendant with diamond of exceptional quality (D-IF-EX)From USD 18.600 (excl. VAT)
Hidden Gems – Jewellery Stories from the Saleroom - by Sarah Hue-Williams and Raymond Sancroft-Baker
This is a particularly interesting book that delves into the world of auction houses. It was written by two jewellery industry savvy people, Sarah Hue-Williams who is a jewellery historian and freelance gemmologist, and Raymond Sancroft-Baker who was the European Jewellery Director for the auction house Christie’s for over 20 years.
Together, they have truly created a spellbinding book that captures how the history of a jewel or that of the person who owned it instantly creates fascination and desire for that piece.
Rings: Jewelry of Power, Love, and Loyalty - by Diana Scarisbrick, James Fenton
This book is the ultimate book for ring lovers as it devotes itself exclusively to rings. The author who is a world renowned expert, considers rings in all their shapes and forms, delighting us with images, illustrations and great quotations.
The interesting thing about this book is that the rings were not presented in a chronological order, but rather by theme, with themes ranging from signets to love and friendship rings, decorative rings and more. It provides great inspiration when buying jewellery.
7000 Years of Jewellery - by Hugh Tait
Although it was published in 2007, this illustrated history of jewellery remains as relevant as it was back then. It explores in detail all the various styles, materials and techniques that have been used to make jewellery around the world and throughout the ages. With over 400 stunning photographs and descriptions made by experts from the British Museum, this book can be considered the bible of jewellery.
GEM, The definitive visual guide, to help you when buying jewellery - by DK Publishing in collaboration with The Smithsonian
This book that was published with the collaboration of The Smithsonian, is a fantastic guide for those of you interested in buying jewellery and gems. The narrative as well as the photos about famous gems and jewellery throughout the ages is striking, offering one of the most comprehensive books about gems and jewellery.
Are you looking for inspiration for when you are buying jewellery? Then do not hesitate to browse through our beautiful online collection of designer and classic jewellery.BAUNAT is a leading jeweller online and we would be delighted to welcome you in one of our private showrooms should you wish to see the jewellery in person.