Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- Choosing the perfect wedding ring
- Buying an engagement ring: expert tips & tricks
- Which earrings are the right ones for you?
- How to choose the perfect diamond bracelet?
- How to choose a necklace for ladies?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- A guide to building up your jewellery collection
- What types of precious metals are there?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Jewellery trends and innovations in 2020
- What sorts of diamond setting are there?
Are you looking for a romantic gift or a unique ring that acts as a symbol of your relationship? A Toi et Moi ring, translated to me and you, might the right relationship jewellery for you. Who would not love to receive the gift of a diamond ring? But you don’t have to wait until you propose to your partner. Instead surprise them now with a relationship ring, or Toi e Moi ring.
- What is a Toi et Moi ring?
- The romantic symbolism of a relationship ring
- When is a good time to buy a Toi et Moi ring?
Most viewed diamond jewels
- 0.50 carat solitaire ring in yellow gold with round diamond and four prongsFrom USD 2.620 (incl. 0% VAT)
- 0.50 carat solitaire ring in white gold with four prongs and side diamondsFrom USD 2.850 (incl. 0% VAT)
- 1.90 carat solitaire ring in white gold with oval diamondFrom USD 3.600 (incl. 0% VAT)
- 0.70 carat solitaire ring in white gold with princess diamond and side diamondsFrom USD 2.810 (incl. 0% VAT)
- 0.90 carat solitaire diamond ring in white gold with side diamondsFrom USD 3.220 (incl. 0% VAT)
Toi et Moi rings are supremely romantic in significance
- Firstly,because it is a ring. People who give each other rings are entering into a commitment and pledging something, even if that pledge isn't made official by means of an engagement or wedding.
- Secondly, the close proximity of the two precious stones speaks volumes. Individual stones, paired together, form a whole.
There is also the symbolism of the precious stones. A diamond represents purity, constancy and love. Sapphires represent truth and fidelity and stand for hope, serenity and peace, whereas rubies represent beauty, happiness and passion.
Would you like to buy a diamond ring that symbolises your union with your partner at a glance? If so, choose a Toi et Moi ring with two diamonds, or with one diamond and one sapphire. Or, for greater personal effect you could opt for a tailor-made Toi et Moi ring, using both partners' birthstones.
Would you prefer one-on-one assistance in selecting the perfect diamond ring? If so, contact the BAUNAT experts by phone, email or live chat for bespoke advice.
What Other Unique Rings Are There to Choose From?
Frequently asked Questions
The different designs in BAUNAT’s engagement ring selection
At BAUNAT, our engagement ring selection has something for everybody.
1. Solitaire ring
Solitaire rings are the most popular choice for diamond engagement rings — for good reason. By putting a single diamond at the centre of a ring, it will be the centre of attention.
The most common setting for a solitaire ring is the classic six-prong. This setting has six prongs, also called claws, which hold the diamond firmly in place. By holding the diamond like this instead of setting it into the band, it has more room, meaning increased brilliance.
This traditional setting is not your only option for engagement rings; there are other possibilities for solitaire rings and even completely different ring designs as well, such as a pave setting.
2. Solitaire with side diamonds
When there are small diamonds set on the ring band of a solitaire ring, it’s called ‘Solitaire with side diamonds’. The small diamonds on the ring band accentuate the brilliance of the central diamond. It enhances the sparkle of the large diamond and makes it look even larger.
3. Eternity ring
With an eternity ring, a series of small diamonds cover the entire surface of a piece of jewellery. The diamonds are set closely together so that no metal is seen, and only the diamonds are visible. This is truly breathtaking as all you can see are rows of shining diamonds with no spaces between them.
4. Trilogy ring
A trilogy ring is a ring set with three diamonds and stands for ‘the past, present and future’.
If you choose three diamonds, the best option is to have one central larger diamond to attract all the attention and let it be assisted by two smaller diamonds. If you prefer some colour, you can also choose a coloured gemstone or coloured diamond as a central diamond.
5. Toi et Moi
‘Toi et Moi’ means ‘You and Me’ in French and refers to a ring that has two diamonds. This design represents the intertwining of two souls and is, therefore, a popular choice for engagement rings. The two stones can also represent two hearts eternally joined, which is proof of an ‘unbreakable’ couple.
The closeness of both stones and the fact they’re of the same shape and size suggest balance and equity.
This style can also be set with one coloured gemstone or coloured diamond, in case you or your loved one prefers a hint of colour in your/their jewellery.
A halo diamond ring is a ring with smaller diamonds encircling the centre stone. The term ‘halo’ is used because the centre stone looks like it has a halo. The main benefit of the halo design is that it makes the central gemstone or diamond look larger.
While halo ring settings are typically set with diamonds as the centre stone, this isn't always the case. The central diamond can also be changed by a blue sapphire, green emerald, red ruby or other gemstones.
The gemstone can have a round cut, cushion cut, pear cut, or other shapes.
What does trilogy mean?
A trilogy is a jewel with three stones. The central stone is often larger than the accompanying side stones. These three stones symbolize the past, present and future.
What does riviere design mean?
A riviere design is a design where diamonds are placed next to each other to create a long smooth line. Very often, all of the stones have the same size, but sometimes diamonds are used ranging from large to small. These rivière design jewels are timeless pieces which can be worn for any occasion.