Discover the most brilliant fine diamond jewellery pieces within different BAUNAT collections set with natural, conflict-free diamonds. Experience the combination of modern jewellery-making techniques with experienced craftsmanship.
Seal your love with the ultimate gift to show your partner they are eternally the one for you. Our diamond engagement rings are the start of your romantic journey together.
All BAUNAT rings are handmade with only the best materials. A carefully picked ring, set by experienced craftsmen, truly is the ultimate gift. A timeless solitaire or a stunning halo ring, there is a perfect match for everyone.
Diamond earrings are an elegant touch that will complement every confident wearer. Let your features shine brighter with your favourite BAUNAT earrings.
Timeless diamond necklaces made out of 18Kt gold with 100% natural diamonds. Complete your refined appearance with the most elegant necklaces.
The perfect bracelets for an everlasting breathtaking impression. From elegant and subtle to timeless and extravagant, the choice is all yours.
A watch is an accessory that exudes style and class. Do you appreciate craftsmanship and are you on the lookout for a timeless men's watch that can be worn on any occasion? Then a BAUNAT watch is your perfect choice.
The BAUNAT High Jewellery collection are elegant hand-crafted masterpieces, designed especially for you by our most talented craftsmen and with an eye for detail and perfection.
From rough sketch to 3D model to a magnificent handmade jewel, the BAUNAT designers are with you every step of the way.
The solitaire prong setting has one single diamond that acts as the centrepiece of the ring. Claws position the centre diamond so it catches the most light. BAUNAT diamond engagement rings either have four or six claws. A setting with four claws makes the diamond appear more square-like while one with six claws makes it appear more round.
The name ‘prong setting’ refers to the so-called ‘claws’. The prong setting is most commonly used for engagement rings worldwide. This setting is also suitable for almost all shapes of diamonds.
The claws can be very thin or wider and can be finished in a round, square, or pointed shape. This depends on the design of the jewel and the style of each goldsmith.
Order this white gold prong setting engagement ring today.
- The diamond catches the most light
- The prongs are small, therefore a larger part of the diamond is visible
- The diamond in the ring is easy to clean
- Claws in white gold or platinum are barely visible on the white diamond
The term 'pavé setting' comes from the French language and translates as ‘paved’. The individual small diamonds in a pavé diamond ring resemble tiny paving stones, hence the name. In an engagement ring with a pavé setting, small diamonds are placed next to each other and fixed with small prongs that look like beads. These claws are worked out directly from the gathering point of the metal. This way, hardly any metal is visible.
- The many small prongs make the diamonds sparkle, although only small diamonds are used
- The price of a ring with many smaller stones is considerably lower than a ring set with one big diamond
Channel setting is a method where diamonds are suspended between two rails of metal, called channels. The diamond is put in place, and the metal on top is pushed down, tightening the diamond.
This way, we create a continuous line of diamonds.
Channel settings, together with pave settings, are commonly used for diamond alliance rings and wedding bands. At BAUNAT, most of our designs with channel settings have princess-cut diamonds, but we can also use round or baguette diamonds (tailor-made).
Discover this channel set round diamond engagement ring.
- Because the diamonds are placed next to each other, it gives the impression of continuous brilliance
- The surface is very smooth
- These rings can be combined with other ring designs easily
The bezel setting is a traditional, very labour-intensive goldsmith technique. The metal surrounds the diamond and forms a frame around the stone. There is another precious metal strip (frame), which supports the diamond in the socket. The bezel engagement ring setting is particularly well suited for round cut (brilliant) or oval diamonds.
- Because of the border of the precious metal, the diamond is protected against damage
- The bezel is open at the bottom, creating a higher radiance and more fire
- Because of the metal surrounding the diamond, it will appear larger than it actually is
- Because of the fact that there are no prongs, this setting will not get stuck behind any clothing
These are the most common setting methods. Of course, BAUNAT can also offer other types of settings in her tailor-made jewellery. Please contact email@example.com in case you are interested in a tailor-made jewel with a different diamond setting.
1. What collections are available?
2. What to consider when choosing the perfect engagement ring?