Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- How do I choose the perfect wedding ring?
- How to buy an engagement ring?
- Which earrings are perfect for you?
- How to choose a diamond bracelet?
- Which ladies' necklace will make you sparkle?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Whqt types of gemstones are there?
If you wear a certain diamond ring daily, like your engagement ring, it can get damaged more quickly. It’s very important that a diamond keeps its nice brightness. This is why you should have your diamond checked regularly. When was the last time you did this? Let’s have a look at why such check-ups are so important and at how often you should have it done.
Most viewed diamond jewels
1.50 carat ring in red gold with round diamondsFrom € 3.330 (excl. VAT)
1.50 carat diamond gradient bracelet in yellow goldFrom € 3.320 (excl. VAT)
0.90 carat white golden solitaire pendant with round diamondFrom € 1.900 (excl. VAT)
0.20 carat diamond design infinity necklace in platinumFrom € 1.330 (excl. VAT)
4.00 carat diamond tennis bracelet in white goldFrom € 3.300 (excl. VAT)
The check-up of a diamond ring can take place in three steps:
- Security check. This is the main reason why you do this check. The jeweller checks if the settings are not damaged and looks whether the diamonds are still safely at their spot.
- Cleaning. After this, the ring can be cleaned in order to remove the pieces of dust you couldn’t get rid of at home. This is not only important for the look of the diamond, this way, you can avoid that dust gets accumulated and that the diamond gets damaged irreparably.
- Polishing. Now it’s time to polish the ring. This is not absolutely necessary, the choice is yours. You should nevertheless be aware that it’s pretty delicate to polish precious metals, like gold.
It’s a good idea to have your diamond ring checked from time to time. Usually, these problems are invisible and waiting for it until it’s too late, is certainly not an option. Claws affected by oxidation, for example, can cause the diamond to fall out of the ring. This is why it’s important to have your ring checked regularly. Nobody wants to find out that a diamond has disappeared.
This depends on how often you wear a certain piece, but once a year is the absolute minimum to have your diamond ring checked. Rings you wear more often, can be checked multiple times a year. If your diamond ring hit something hard, you better don't wait too long to have it checked.