Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- How do I choose the perfect wedding ring?
- How to buy an engagement ring?
- Which earrings are perfect for you?
- How to choose a diamond bracelet?
- Which ladies' necklace will make you sparkle?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Whqt types of gemstones are there?
- Where does this trend come from?
- Which engagement rings can be worn by both men and women?
- What if he does not want to wear an engagement ring?
Getting down on one knee, asking the question and putting a sparkling diamond ring onto her finger... Although marriage proposals are brimming with traditions, new trends are often discovered. One of these trends is to buy an engagement ring for both partners. But why and how should you choose couple engagement rings?
Most viewed diamond jewels
1.50 carat diamond gradient bracelet in yellow goldFrom € 3.320 (excl. VAT)
0.75 carat diamond creole earrings in yellow goldFrom € 2.740 (excl. VAT)
0.90 carat white golden solitaire pendant with round diamondFrom € 1.900 (excl. VAT)
1.00 carat solitaire diamond ring in white goldFrom € 1.740 (excl. VAT)
4.00 carat diamond tennis bracelet in white goldFrom € 3.300 (excl. VAT)
Where does this trend come from?
The trend of buying engagement rings for both partners came over from the United Kingdom. Engagement rings for men, otherwise known as 'mengagement rings', have been popular for a while. Last year the frequency of the search term 'male engagement rings' increased by 66%. Many women are therefore also looking for tips for the perfect engagement ring. The popularity of the male engagement ring began its rise with the legalisation of same-sex marriage in the United Kingdom in 2014. And now the custom is becoming ever more common among heterosexual couples.
I have never understood why men don't wear engagement rings. It is the same commitment for both partners.
Which engagement rings can be worn by both men and women?
Another option is to go for a ring in the same precious metal with the same colour precious stones to emphasise the bond between the couple. Men who are not yet 100% sure about taking this step can also choose a half set ring. Then they can choose whether to wear it with the stones facing upwards or to turn it around when they want a little less sparkle.
Not all men are ready for an engagement ring
What if he does not want to wear an engagement ring?
An engagement bracelet is a popular alternative for women. Of course, you could also still buy a ring for both of you and wear it close to your heart on a necklace.