Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- How do I choose the perfect wedding ring?
- How to buy an engagement ring?
- Which earrings are perfect for you?
- How to choose a diamond bracelet?
- Which ladies' necklace will make you sparkle?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Whqt types of gemstones are there?
Along with ruby, diamond and sapphire, emerald completes the select category of valuable precious stones. The stone's green brilliance is distinctive in appearance and makes every item of jewellery unique. But what is the significance of the emerald and which emerald ring will you choose? The BAUNAT experts tell you a little more about it.
- What is an emerald?
- What is the history behind the emerald?
- The symbolism and significance of emerald
- The value of an emerald
- How to look after an emerald?
- Why buy emerald jewellery at BAUNAT?
Most viewed diamond jewels
0.90 carat solitaire diamond ring in platinum with six prongsFrom € 1.450 (excl. VAT)
XO earrings in red gold with small round diamondsFrom € 780 (excl. VAT)
0.90 carat white golden solitaire pendant with round diamondFrom € 2.150 (excl. VAT)
1.00 carat solitaire diamond ring in white goldFrom € 2.000 (excl. VAT)
0.20 carat diamond design infinity necklace in platinumFrom € 1.840 (excl. VAT)
Emeralds are around 20 times rarer than diamonds
Buy your loved one superlative emerald jewellery for your 55th wedding anniversary
The three most impressive pieces of emerald jewellery
- Chalk Emerald: The Chalk Emerald is a 37.82 carat Colombian emerald. This emerald was formerly the centrepiece of a diamond necklace owned by an Indian maharaja. This emerald is now set in a ring and is on show at the Natural History Museum in New York.
- The diadem owned by Marie Thérèse of France: The Duchess of Angoulême, Marie Thérèse, owned a stunning emerald diadem. It is not known for sure exactly how much the gem is worth, but is sure to be immense. The fact that the diadem hasn't been worked on over the years only serves to increase its value. The diadem is now on show at the Louvre.
- The Seringapatam jewels: the Victoria and Albert museum in London exhibits one of the best jewellery collections of all time, namely the Seringapatam jewels. The set comprises an emerald bracelet, necklace, brooch and pair or earrings . Originally they were a gift for the British general Lord Harris following his victory in the Siege of Seringapatam in 1799.
Be sure to remove any emerald jewellery before going swimming. Saltwater and chlorine can damage your jewellery.
Furthermore, we also provide tailor made jewellery. Do you already have an emerald ring or pendant design in mind? If so, make an appointment with our experts to discuss it further. Following an initial consultation we will design your ring using our software. We will show you a 3D model of the design to help give you a clear idea of what the end result will look like.
Our specialist craftspeople only work with premium materials, for both tailor made jewellery and the jewellery in our online collections.
Are you still on a quest to find an original piece of jewellery for either yourself or a loved one? Be sure to consider emerald jewellery. The green hue is easy to combine and if the Egyptian queen Cleopatra was a huge fan, you are bound to be too.