Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- How do I choose the perfect wedding ring?
- How to buy an engagement ring?
- Which earrings are perfect for you?
- How to choose a diamond bracelet?
- Which ladies' necklace will make you sparkle?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Whqt types of gemstones are there?
- Diamonds have a high value, but few know how the price of a diamond is actually determined.
- The 4 C’s are important, but there’s more!
- Did you still not find a beautiful diamond jewel? At BAUNAT we have an extensive collection.
Most viewed diamond jewels
1.50 carat diamond gradient bracelet in yellow goldFrom € 3.320 (excl. VAT)
0.30 carat diamond stackable alliance in yellow gold with marquise designFrom € 970 (excl. VAT)
1.20 carat diamond eternity ring in red goldFrom € 2.260 (excl. VAT)
0.55 carat diamond eternity ring (full set) in white goldFrom € 1.020 (excl. VAT)
1.70 carat design medallion with small round diamonds in white goldFrom € 6.190 (excl. VAT)
Everyone knows that diamonds have a high price tag because of their rarity. Most buyers have no problem to spend high amounts on them. However, few can grant a fair price for a diamond. It requires some expertise. The 4 C’s; carat, colour, clarity and cut; determine also the price, but there is more! We will inform you about this subject.
The price of a diamond with a perfect cut brilliant
A perfect cut brilliant of 1.00 carat has an average diameter of 6.5 mm. Some may even be 6 mm, but the stone won’t shine at his best. Such a diamond is seen as ‘too fat’. With a diameter of 6 mm, the ideal carat is 0.80. Because of the lower weight, this diamond will be cheaper. Thus, a 0.90 carat diamond is also considerably cheaper than a diamond of 1.00 carat. With BAUNAT, we seek the right proportions, because we want to guarantee the best quality and the most brilliance. The diameter is indeed very important because it determines the overall view of, for example, a diamond ring or brilliant earrings.
The price of a diamond depends on the economy
The price of a diamond is also determined by the international economic situation. The price is influenced by supply and demand. Western countries recently went through an economic crisis, so fewer people spend money on luxury items. Those days seem over, and now we see a significant growth in demand for diamond jewellery, especially in countries like China, Brazil and the Middle East. In these countries, enormous amounts of money are spent on the finest coloured diamonds and rare white diamonds.
Are you looking for a marvelous diamond jewellery piece? Then you’ve come to the right place. Take a look at our extensive collection. If you are interested in a particular model, or if you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.