Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- How do I choose the perfect wedding ring?
- How to buy an engagement ring?
- Which earrings are perfect for you?
- How to choose a diamond bracelet?
- Which ladies' necklace will make you sparkle?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Whqt types of gemstones are there?
A brilliant is actually a diamond with a round cut. Like most precious stones, the brilliant was also awarded an often unique meaning, although its origins is not always clear. Generally, one sees the brilliant as a symbol of love and forgiveness. There's a reason why it is the most popular cut for an engagement ring. Discover the meaning behind the brilliant and order your jewellery with a brilliant.
- What are brilliant diamonds?
- How do you recognize a brilliant?
- Are there any alternatives to brilliants?
- Why are brilliants more valuable?
- Does the brilliant carry a specific meaning?
- Why buy my brilliant jewellery at BAUNAT?
Most viewed diamond jewels
1.50 carat diamond gradient bracelet in yellow goldFrom € 3.320 (excl. VAT)
0.90 carat solitaire diamond ring in platinum with six prongsFrom € 1.210 (excl. VAT)
1.20 carat diamond eternity ring in red goldFrom € 2.260 (excl. VAT)
1.55 carat diamond halo earrings in white goldFrom € 3.960 (excl. VAT)
1.70 carat design medallion with small round diamonds in white goldFrom € 6.190 (excl. VAT)
Only halfway through the 17th century can we mention the first brilliants. These 'Mazarins' had 17 facets at the top, also known as the crown. Venetian cutter Vincent Peruzzi added 16 facets and named the Peruzzi brilliant with 33 facets after himself. At the time, they had not yet mastered the technique of cutting round stones. The first brilliants were therefore rounded squares or rectangles.
Marcel Tolkowsky perfected cutting round diamonds with 58 facets
What is the brilliant cut?
Alternative cuts often make the stone look bigger
Rings with a brilliant bear witnesses to timeless elegance. Although the first brilliant cuts are dating back to the 17th century, the current brilliant rings are no longer comparable to the rings of those days. Over the years, the brilliance had been tinkered with, ensuring the new models sparkle with extra beauty. They are timeless jewellery that complements any outfit. Because of their simplicity, they are very versatile and are always a true eye-catcher.
Another advantage at BAUNAT is our tailor-made service. In addition, you can work based on an existing design, or create your own design along with our experts. You are always closely involved in this process and our employees are always there to assist you with information.
You can also quickly enjoy your brilliant jewellery. The delivery period for the jewellery from our standard collection is usually between 1 to 10 working days. For custom jewellery, you must count on 4 working weeks.