Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- Choosing the perfect wedding ring
- Buying an engagement ring: expert tips & tricks
- Welke diamanten oorbellen kopen?
- Which earrings are the right ones for you?
- How to choose the perfect diamond bracelet?
- How to choose a necklace for ladies?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- A guide to building up your jewellery collection
- What types of precious metals are there?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Jewellery trends and innovations in 2020
- What sorts of diamond setting are there?
Choosing the right diamond jewellery can be a difficult task. BAUNAT is more than happy to help you make that choice. Is it best to let your choice of jewellery be guided by your particular style, face shape or other factors such as skin tone and hair colour? This style guide lets you explore which diamond jewellery suits you best, and how you can start your own jewellery collection.
- What defines your style?
- Jewellery which underlines your style and personality
- Jewellery which suits your physique
- Jewellery which complements the shape of your face
- Jewellery to go with your hairstyle
- Choosing the right precious metal
- Which rings suit you?
- Mix & match diamond jewellery
- Which jewellery is appropriate for which occasion?
- Essential items in your jewellery collection
Most viewed diamond jewels
- 0.60 carat diamond satellite earrings in white goldFrom USD 1.710 (excl. VAT)
- 1.00 carat solitaire diamond ring in white goldFrom USD 1.660 (excl. VAT)
- 1.00 carat trilogy diamond pendant in white goldFrom USD 3.370 (excl. VAT)
- 0.25 carat fine diamond bracelet in white goldFrom USD 1.620 (excl. VAT)
- 0.55 carat diamond eternity ring (full set) in white goldFrom USD 1.520 (excl. VAT)
Your skin tone, hairstyle, physique and the shape of your face will also define what kind of jewellery is best for you to wear. We have a comprehensive guide for you, which you can use right away.
If you want to give your mother, aunt or grandmother a present, go for the classic look to be sure of winning points!
Be sure not take it too far. Perhaps you'll choose a pair of eye-catching earrings? Keep the rest of your jewellery simple.
Mixing and matching jewellery also goes perfectly with this style. Wear different types of rings together, or mix and match several chains of various lengths for a unique look.
Would you prefer your jewellery not to stand out too much at work, for example? Then go for black diamonds, these reflect less light than colourless diamonds but are still very sophisticated.
You have several options with diamond jewellery. On the one hand, you might choose to play around with different coloured precious metals. Think yellow gold, rose gold or platinum.
On the other hand, you could add colour using coloured diamonds and precious stones. This butterfly ring is a fine example of this.
The BAUNAT collections "Love Forever" and "L’Atypique" include very elegant, minimalist jewellery. Whether you go for round, eternity jewellery, or square jewellery with floating diamonds.
You can generally go for larger, more eye-catching jewellery. Think of a sturdy watch or wide bracelet, such as this floral bracelet. Mix and match several types of necklace for a trendy look.
Try not to choose fine jewellery, as it can easily become inconspicuous.
Jewellery which is too large can easily overpower your outfit and make it too busy. One advantage you do have is that there are plenty of options in terms of styles. Floral, butterfly or other motifs do not come across as childlike.
What you should pay special attention to, is necklace length. If you go for a very long necklace, it isn’t likely to suit you, and might even emphasise your height. So, a short, gold chain is a better option.
It's also best to choose straight or angular shapes for a necklace. These accentuate the stronger lines in your face and will help your cheekbones and jawline stand out more. A longer necklace will also make your face appear longer.
In terms of necklaces, it is best to go for shorter ones. Here too, you can go for round, elegant shapes, such as one of our designer pendants.
If you want to give the illusion of a shorter jaw line, it is best to go for a short necklace.
For necklaces, it is also best to look at shorter necklaces. These will give the illusion of a shorter face. The beautiful necklace, from our Licio collection, is a good example of this.
You can choose to mix and match colourless diamonds or different coloured precious stones. These white gold earrings with sapphires are a good example of this.
Brown or black hair
For black hair, choose white gold or platinum.
If you have grey hair, go for white gold or platinum jewellery, and choose purple or lilac as the accent colour.
In terms of precious stones, it is best to stick with light, pastel-coloured gemstones. Your skin is often lighter in tone, so it is best not to wear strong colours.
If necessary, have a style consultant perform a colour analysis to find out which colours are the most flattering for you.
An entourage ring from BAUNAT is the perfect solution between an elegant and a striking ring.
Wearing several rings together is not only applicable to our stackable rings collection. You could also wear your engagement and wedding rings on the same finger. For a wedding anniversary, an eternity ring might be added on.
Are you looking for something to wear every day? The options are endless. This depends on your own personal style, but collections such as our classics are a good, timeless option. Think of a single ring combined with a tennis bracelet or a beautiful pair of stud earrings.
Keep it simple when it comes to day to day diamond jewellery
Going to an evening dance? You can than choose for a jewel with that little bit extra. A beautiful necklace with coloured precious stones or a cocktail ring will certainly make you stand out from the crowd.
Our top five holiday suggestions:
If you don't have any diamond jewellery yet, we recommend starting with diamond earrings. These are always easy to mix and match, and you can't really go wrong with them. Simple pendants or beautiful halo stud earrings are always a good choice.
Next, you could invest in a necklace and bracelet. To be sure everything matches, you could choose from the same collection, or from the same designer. Our "Love Forever" collection is a good start to building up your jewellery collection.
A diamond ring is always nice to have, so don't be ashamed of buying one for yourself. You can wear a solitaire ring without being engaged. Stackable rings are a fun way to mix and match several rings, but they are also very fine and elegant rings to wear separately.
What you should know about the collections
- What's the best way to clean jewellery?
- 10 tips for looking after your diamond ring
- Can you damage a diamond and how can you protect diamond jewellery?
- Which jewellery completes your bridal look on your wedding day?
- Buying a tiara? Diamonds to go in your hair!