Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- Choosing the perfect wedding ring
- Buying an engagement ring: expert tips & tricks
- Which earrings are the right ones for you?
- How to choose the perfect diamond bracelet?
- How to choose a necklace for ladies?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- A guide to building up your jewellery collection
- What types of precious metals are there?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Jewellery trends and innovations in 2020
- What sorts of diamond setting are there?
- Which engagement rings can be engraved?
- How are rings engraved?
- What will you have engraved on her engagement ring?
If you think that engravings are only for wedding rings, then you’re mistaken. You can immortalise your marriage proposal with a special message engraved in the precious metal of the engagement ring. You can even engrave the actual proposal, which could come in handy should you, overcome with emotion, be unable to find the right words. Would you like to learn more about engravings and what to engrave on an engagement ring? Find out everything you need to know here.
Most viewed diamond jewels
- 0.50 carat solitaire diamond ring in platinum with side diamondsFrom USD 2.920 (excl. VAT)
- 1.00 carat solitaire halo ring in platinum with round diamondsFrom USD 3.420 (excl. VAT)
- 1.00 carat solitaire ring in white gold with round diamond and four prongsFrom USD 2.300 (excl. VAT)
- 2.00 carat solitaire ring with a cushion diamond in white goldFrom USD 3.010 (excl. VAT)
- 3.00 carat solitaire ring in red gold with princess diamondFrom USD 1.870 (excl. VAT)
Which Engagement Rings Can Be Engraved?
I love diamonds. They are bijou yet immensely valuable.
How Are Rings Engraved?
We adopt two methods when engraving an engagement ring: traditional hand engraving and modern laser techniques — the chosen technique largely depends on what exactly you wish to have engraved. Hand engraving is primarily used for smaller engravings, such as a name or date, and are exceptionally hard-wearing. Although, they can be somewhat more expensive as the technique is time-consuming and demands considerable craftsmanship.
What Jewellery Can Be Engraved?
What Should I Engrave On an Engagement Ring?
If you’re looking for a heartfelt message, numerous apps can help you convert your heartbeat into a line drawing, allowing you to have your heartbeat engraved on her engagement ring. Extremely personal and unbelievably romantic!
Find your perfect engagement ring to have engraved here.
Can an Engraved Ring Be Resized At a Later Date?
Not Quite Sure?
What Else Should I Know About Engagement Rings?
Frequently asked Questions
Can you engrave my ring?
What can I have engraved in an engagement ring?
An engagement ring with an engraved message (inside or outside, both are options) is so much more personal. What you have engraved in the engagement ring depends on your wishes (although it must of course be technically possible): a name, date, a short message in your handwriting, the title of your favourite music, a fingerprint, a quote, etc., or why not your marriage proposal?
Can I engrave my watch?
When receiving or gifting a beautiful jewel it’s even more special with a unique engraving from one person to another. It’s very common to engrave an engagement ring or a wedding ring with a name, date or special quote, but is it possible to have an engraving on a watch as well?
For both of BAUNAT’s watch collections, the Italian and Swiss Collection, it’s possible to engrave something personal on the back. The length and place of the engraving can vary depending on the different models in each collection.
The Italian Collection has models comprising of a 35mm and 40mm case, both sizes can be engraved on the back of the watch.
Secondly, the Swiss Collection, can also be engraved but because of its special technology and watchmaking know-how, only the outer circle on the back of the case can carry a special message.
Do you want to engrave your watch to make it more personal, but you don’t know exactly what to write? Here are some ideas:
- Your wedding or engagement date
- Name of your loved one and wedding date
- The date of when you and your loved one met
- Coordinates of where you met your partner or where you got married.
- Names of yourself and your spouse
- Small quote such as “It was always you”, “Forever us”, “Happy Birthday to my love”, “Love, always”
- Date of birth of your child/children
The price of the engraving can vary depending on the type of watch and length of the engraving. Don’t hesitate to contact our customer service if you want to have more information about having your BAUNAT watch engraved.