Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- Choosing the perfect wedding ring
- Buying an engagement ring: expert tips & tricks
- Welke diamanten oorbellen kopen?
- Which earrings are the right ones for you?
- How to choose the perfect diamond bracelet?
- How to choose a necklace for ladies?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- A guide to building up your jewellery collection
- What types of precious metals are there?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Jewellery trends and innovations in 2020
- What sorts of diamond setting are there?
What is your future wife's ring size? To buy the perfect engagement ring, you must measure the ring size. This doesn't have to be too difficult. With the help of one of her current rings, you can easily find out her ring size. You can use an app or order the BAUNAT ring sizer. But there are also other ways to determine ring size. In this article, the experts at BAUNAT share all the tips you need to buy an engagement ring in the right ring size.
- Measure the inside of another ring that fits using a measuring tape. Be precise to the millimeter!
- Use an app like the Ringsize App. Available to download from GooglePlay or AppStore.
- Take the ring to a jeweller.
- Use a paper ring sizer or a plastic ring sizer.
Most viewed diamond jewels
- 1.90 carat solitaire ring in white gold with oval diamondFrom USD 3.180 (excl. VAT)
- 0.90 carat solitaire diamond ring in white gold with side diamondsFrom USD 2.670 (excl. VAT)
- 1.00 carat solitaire ring in white gold with side diamondsFrom USD 3.250 (excl. VAT)
- 0.70 carat solitaire diamond ring in white gold with side diamondsFrom USD 2.730 (excl. VAT)
- 1.00 carat solitaire diamond ring in white goldFrom USD 2.360 (excl. VAT)
How do I determine the ring size by using one of her rings?
Measure the inner diameter yourself
Use the table below of average ring sizes for women to see which diameter corresponds to BAUNAT's sizes. Or download the full chart for an overview of all circumferences.
|BAUNAT België maat||Binnenomtrek in mm|
Use a smartphone app
Put one of her favourite rings on the screen and simply read the size from the screen of your smartphone. Check carefully which sizing system the app uses.
If necessary, compare the sizes in the app with the sizes in your country
Take a ring to a jeweller
How do I determine the ring size without one of her other rings?
Perhaps you can enlist the help of one of her girlfriends? Women often try on each other's rings to see if the style and size suit them. Ask her best friend whether she has a ring that she knows will also fit around the finger of your beloved. Or maybe they are the same size and you can simply measure her friend's finger with a ring sizer.
A final, creative option is observing whether she occasionally ties another object around her finger. Perhaps she sometimes plays with a hair tie or a ribbon that she wraps around her finger when she is nervous? Or another circular object that can be found in her desk? Or, have her jokingly put on a plastic toy ring belonging to your little niece or from a gumball machine. Subtlety is key here, because female intuition is never off duty!
How do I measure her ring size with a ring sizer?
You can accurately measure the ring size with a paper ring sizer or a plastic ring sizer. First, you decide which finger the ring will be worn upon. Slide the ring sizer over that finger until it fits comfortably, so it is not too loose but also not too tight. You can then simply read the size of the ring.
How else can I measure her ring size?
Pass this information on to your jeweller who in turn will design our ring.
A ring sizer mandrel is an elongated wooden or metal instrument with a narrow and a wide end and the various circumferences marked along its length
When and how is best to measure her ring size?
- It is preferable to measure ring size in the evening. Generally speaking, your body temperature will be slightly higher, and your hands will be more warmed up. This makes the circumference slightly larger.
- However, avoid salty foods, hot drinks and strenuous exercise just before measuring. These factors can affect the swelling of the fingers.
- Is your partner pregnant, but will wear the ring after delivery? Then keep in mind that her fingers will have a slightly narrower circumference again after pregnancy.
What is the average ring size for a woman?
Can a jeweller resize my ring to make it larger or smaller?
To make a ring smaller, a small piece of precious metal is removed from the band. Then, just like the process of enlarging a ring, the piece is soldered, cleaned and polished.
At BAUNAT you can easily order a custom-made ring or even fully design your own. That way, you always know for certain that it is the right ring size.
How much will it cost to resize a ring?
- The precious metal used: for example, it is much easier and cheaper to resize a gold ring than a platinum ring
- The number of precious stones
- The number of sizes that the ring needs to be resized
The more complex the ring, the more work the jeweller will have to do and the more the resizing will cost. Some designs, such as the eternity ring, which is set with diamonds all the way around, are impossible to resize due to their complexity. It is therefore advisable to determine the right ring size in advance.
Tip: If you still want to resize your BAUNAT ring during the production process, contact our jewellery experts straight away.
How can I buy her engagement ring safely online?
Please note that the ring size may be different in different countries. You will therefore have to convert the ring size to the ring sizes that BAUNAT uses. Because this isn't so straightforward, you can easily find the differences in this table.
Are you ready to ask her the big question with a magnificent, custom-made engagement ring? Would you like professional advice on measuring the ring size? Choose from the diamond engagement rings in the BAUNAT collection or ask our diamond and jewellery experts for advice.