A watch isn't an everyday purchase, rather a well-considered choice. Men's watches are indeed exceptional accessories that can be handed down the generations. On the proviso you look after it. Which is why it is advisable to already take a few crucial quality factors into account when buying your timepiece. Read the tips below on selecting and servicing your luxury timepiece.
- How your choice of material affects your watch's upkeep
- What can you do yourself to service your watch?
- Servicing by BAUNAT specialists
Most viewed diamond jewels
0.90 carat solitaire diamond ring in platinum with six prongsFrom € 1.270 (excl. VAT)
0.55 carat diamond eternity ring (full set) in white goldFrom € 960 (excl. VAT)
XO earrings in red gold with small round diamondsFrom € 430 (excl. VAT)
0.90 carat white golden solitaire pendant with round diamondFrom € 1.720 (excl. VAT)
1.06 carat diamond design necklace in platinumFrom € 2.580 (excl. VAT)
- Try to avoid contact with water and hard surfaces as much as you can
- Also avoid magnetic fields that can disturb the internal mechanism
- The best way to buff the gold of your watch is with a slightly damp cloth
- Use a soft cotton cloth for the watch strap, try to avoid moisture as much as you can
- Save your watch in its box when you aren't wearing it
- Don't sit too long in the sun: UV rays can fade the strap's colour and damage the battery
Was your eye drawn to aquartz or a mechanical timepiece ? The complexity of these types of timepieces do necessitates regular servicing.
It is advisable to have a mechanical timepiece serviced every two years to counteract natural wear and tear of the mechanism.
- Initial check: Our experts first assess the timepiece itself, the case and the strap
- Cleaning the timepiece: All the timepiece's components are polished using suitable resources
- Assessment and possible replacement of components: We check that all components are working as they should. These are replaced where necessary. After that all the components are lubricated again
- Assessment of the timepiece itself: Using specialist equipment we ascertain possible defects
- Realigning the balance spring: The balance spring is realigned for accurate time keeping
The costs of professional watch servicing
The costs of a professional watch repair
Having the glass of your watch replaced
Look no further and buy your timeless watch at BAUNAT now. All our watches are made using high quality 18 carat gold and are finished with premium quality materials.