Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- How do I choose the perfect wedding ring?
- How to buy an engagement ring?
- Which earrings are perfect for you?
- How to choose a diamond bracelet?
- Which ladies' necklace will make you sparkle?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Whqt types of gemstones are there?
- Engagement rings set with white or colourless diamonds are still the most popular.
- The red ruby is a symbol of love and is often given as a gift to surprise a loved one.
- We at BAUNAT have an extensive collection of engagement rings, also models with a beautiful ruby.
Most viewed diamond jewels
1.55 carat diamond halo earrings in white goldFrom € 3.960 (excl. VAT)
1.00 carat solitaire halo ring in white gold with round diamondsFrom € 2.470 (excl. VAT)
0.75 carat diamond creole earrings in yellow goldFrom € 2.740 (excl. VAT)
0.20 carat diamond design infinity necklace in platinumFrom € 1.330 (excl. VAT)
1.70 carat design medallion with small round diamonds in white goldFrom € 6.190 (excl. VAT)
Traditionally, engagement rings with white or colourless diamonds are chosen most often. Men forget these days to add a marvelous coloured gemstone in the ring. However, these gemstones are very nice and they give the diamond jewel a playful touch. When thinking about gemstones, the sapphire is still number one. Think of Lady Di’s legendary engagement ring, which Kate Middleton now shows off with a smile. Besides the sapphire, ruby is a very nice alternative to combine with diamonds. Furthermore, as red is the colour of love, this gem must be set much more in engagement rings.
Ruby as a symbol of love
The colour red symbolizes love. No wonder that rubies are often given as a gift, for example, to celebrate the birthday of your loved one or as a lovely Christmas present. How nice is it to express your love with a unique ruby? This gemstone is a variety of the mineral corundum in which the colour is mainly formed by chromium. It is also called the king of gems and has been set in jewellery for ages. Today, even very large amounts are payed for rubies, for example for iconic stones at famous auction houses like Christie’s and Sotheby’s. Of course there are also affordable options.
Diamond engagement rings with a ruby
A diamond ring with a ruby is perfect as an engagement ring. Thanks to white or colourless diamonds the ruby will even shine more bright. In white gold or platinum you will get a breathtaking brilliance. In combination with yellow gold the jewel will have a more classic look. Think of the engagement ring of Queen Mathilde, in which a large rare ruby attracts the attention. We don’t recommend the combination of rubies and red gold.
We at BAUNAT have an extensive collection of engagement rings, also set with beautiful rubies. If you have any additional questions or you are interested in a specific model, please don’t hesitate to contact us.