After we shared our top five diamond songs, we thought it would be inspiring to share with you our top 8 diamond quotes that have been said by celebrities or anonymous people, and that may have inspired more than one to own a sublime diamond ring.
Here’s our top selection of funny, smart or spiritual quotes using the mystique of diamonds:
1. “The soul is placed in the body like a rough diamond, and must be polished, or the luster of it will never appear.” by Daniel Defoe
This is a very spiritual quote as it talks about a human’s soul and the importance of purity and living to achieve a greater good. A rough diamond needs to be polished for its true luster to appear, just like a human may need to live through difficult experiences to shine.
2. “Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without one.” Chinese Proverb
Given the value and rarity of perfect flawless diamonds, this proverb means to say that it is better to have a flawed diamond that none at all.
3. “A diamond is a chunk of coal that is made good under pressure.” by Henry Kissinger
This is a lovely proverb by Kissinger that highlights that everyone has the potential to become something great. Truly inspirational as it pushes everyone to never give up, because when considering what diamonds go through to become diamonds, its literally incredible.
4. “I never worry about diets. The only carrots that interest me are the number of carats in a diamond.” by Mae West
This may be a typical funny quote by actress Mae West, during the Golden age of Hollywood. It basically means that dieting is futile and the only important thing is the size of the diamond and not that of the thighs.
5. “There are three things extremely hard: steel, diamond, and to know one’s self.” by Benjamin Franklin
A very wise quote by a very wise man, Mr Benjamin Franklin. He compares the hardness of steel and diamonds which are the hardest elements on earth, with truly knowing yourself. In fact, knowing yourself is something that is difficult to achieve and may take a lifetime to discover.
6. “Its hard to be a diamond in a Rhinestone world” by Dolly Parton
Famous actress who obviously, and rightly so, thought highly of herself as a diamond among other actresses who were more like rhinestone…
7. “True Friends are like diamonds: precious, valuable and rare” - anonymous
A few different people have used this quote often modifying it slightly, so not sure who came first. But it is really worth sharing with you because it is very true that real friends can only be counted on 1 hand.
8. Zsa Zsa Gabor was asked whether a lady should give back the ring after cancelling an engagement to marry. Her answer? "Of course dahlink, but first, you take out all the diamonds.” by Zsa Zsa Gabor
This quote had to be included for the fantastic sense of humour of Zsa Zsa Gabor, how not to laugh at such a response?
Diamonds, they are truly inspirational stones, with their sparkle, fire and brilliance. Such unique characteristics that make inspire you to own your very own diamond ring.
BAUNAT has based its whole business model on diamonds and truly believes in the aura of diamonds. Therefore we have an elegant selection of diamond rings, from the more classical elegant style to original designer diamond rings.