Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- How do I choose the perfect wedding ring?
- How to buy an engagement ring?
- Which earrings are perfect for you?
- How to choose a diamond bracelet?
- Which ladies' necklace will make you sparkle?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Whqt types of gemstones are there?
- When you buy a diamond, there are some things to keep in mind.
- In addition to the 4 C's, the symmetry also determines the beauty of a diamond.
- Haven’t found a beautiful diamond jewel yet? At BAUNAT we have an extensive collection.
Most viewed diamond jewels
1.50 carat ring in red gold with round diamondsFrom € 3.330 (excl. VAT)
2.00 carat diamond princess earrings in red goldFrom € 1.530 (excl. VAT)
1.00 carat diamond flower ring in platinumFrom € 870 (excl. VAT)
1.00 carat solitaire diamond ring in white goldFrom € 1.740 (excl. VAT)
4.00 carat diamond tennis bracelet in white goldFrom € 3.300 (excl. VAT)
To buy a perfect diamond depends on a couple things. The quality is determined by the 4 C’s: carat, colour, clarity and cut. It goes without saying that a diamond that scores high on each of these aspects has a high quality, and consequently is also more expensive and exclusive. But that is not all. The diamond's symmetry must also be taken into account. Let’s look further into it.
The symmetry of a diamond
When you buy a diamond the beauty of it plays a big role, the symmetry as well. This refers to how symmetrical the facets are. Are they the same size and/or have they the same shape? Is the culet situated in the middle of the table? Etc.
Diamond cutters look at these little details to rank the diamond from 'poor' to 'excellent'. The symmetry of a diamond varies according to the style and cut. With some special diamond shapes, such as the pear-shape or the heart-shaped diamond, the diamond cutters try get the most out of the stone in terms of symmetry. Perfection like the brilliant cut is not possible here. A symmetrical diamond reflects the light in a beautiful way, making the stone irresistible.
Impact on the price
The diamond you buy is determined by the how expensive it is. The 4 C’s certainly do have influence on the price/value of the diamond, but does that concern the symmetry too? In a sense, it does! A perfect symmetrical cut diamond has a beautiful brilliance and looks more luxurious. It is therefore not surprising that the world's most expensive diamonds have a perfect symmetry. However, you do not have to panic. At BAUNAT we only have beautiful cut diamonds in the collection, fitting everyone's budget.
Do you plan on buying a diamond, then you are at the right place. Please feel free to take a look at our extensive collection diamond jewels. Do you have interest or questions about a specific design, do not hesitate to contact us.