Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- Choosing the perfect wedding ring
- Buying an engagement ring: expert tips & tricks
- Welke diamanten oorbellen kopen?
- Which earrings are the right ones for you?
- How to choose the perfect diamond bracelet?
- How to choose a necklace for ladies?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- A guide to building up your jewellery collection
- What types of precious metals are there?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Jewellery trends and innovations in 2020
- What sorts of diamond setting are there?
There's one day in your lifetime when you'll truly be the centre of attention: the day you get married. You're ready to perfect your bridal look, and to render everyone speechless. But which bridal diamond jewellery can raise the bar for your wedding look? BAUNAT is on hand to advise.
- It all starts with your wedding dress
- Something old, something new
- A harmonious effect
- Invest in your future
- Choose your style
- Choose your precious metal
- Which jewellery complements the neckline of your dress?
- Take your chosen hairstyle into account
- Safekeeping and caring for your bridal jewellery
Most viewed diamond jewels
- 1.90 carat solitaire ring in white gold with oval diamondFrom USD 3.180 (excl. VAT)
- 1.00 carat solitaire ring in white gold with side diamondsFrom USD 3.250 (excl. VAT)
- 1.00 carat solitaire halo ring in white gold with round diamondsFrom USD 3.340 (excl. VAT)
- 0.90 carat solitaire diamond ring in white gold with side diamondsFrom USD 2.780 (excl. VAT)
- 1.00 carat solitaire diamond ring in white goldFrom USD 2.360 (excl. VAT)
If you have opted to wear a veil, a matching tiara is a good idea to add a touch of sparkle.
Red gold jewellery looks amazing with a lacey vintage dress. Entourage earrings or an entourage pendant will complete your bridal look to perfection. If you'd rather not wear diamonds, pearls are exceptionally complementary too.
A traditional dress often features long sleeves and a slightly higher neckline. In this instance a necklace or bracelet will be less noticeable. Why not opt for striking earrings instead, to still add that extra touch of sparkle?
Is your wedding dress already set with lots of tiny stones? If so, to ensure all eyes remain drawn to your dress, opt for understated jewellery. For example, diamond stud earrings and a satellite necklace.
But it doesn’t necessarily need to be inherited jewellery, it could also be a veil, bolero or stole to keep you warm. Whatever it is you are combining, old with new, it will add significance to your wedding.
If your dress already fully sparkles or has a lot of lace, tone down your jewellery. Your diamond jewellery should complement your dress, not destract from it. Nor are you obliged to wear a veil, tiara, necklace, earrings and bracelet. Go with what feels right for you.
If you're wearing a more modest dress, a statement necklace is definitely worth considering. How about a sapphire necklace or eternity ring? A striking wedding bracelet or earrings will also look fabulous with this type of wedding dress.
Decide on your preferred style beforehand, to then choose the appropriate jewellery. Do you want your jewellery to tell its own story? If so, opt for personalised jewellery. You could engrave an item of jewellery, or have your birth stone set into your bridal jewellery.
It's about choosing the style of your bridal jewellery, and your wedding rings too. Indeed, you'll be wearing those every day following your wedding day, so it is vital your wedding ring matches your individual style. Please don't hesitate to seek wedding ring advice from your jeweller. Your jeweller can advise on the best precious metal to choose, and whether to have it set with diamonds, such as with an eternity ring, for example.
Try to avoid combining precious metals. This can often come across as too fussy, upsetting the harmonious bridal look.
Bear the colour of your wedding dress in mind
- A white dress is best complemented by platinum or white gold jewellery.
- An ivory coloured dress is ideally combined with yellow gold, as this is a warmer colour than white.
- Similarly, champagne coloured dresses look stunning with yellow gold jewellery.
- Does your dress have a pink sheen to it? If so, opt for red or pink gold jewellery.
The different types of neckline also determine the choice of necklace and earring length and style. Here they are for you:
A halter neck
Rather, accentuate your bridal look with diamond bar earrings for a modern look, or pear-shaped earrings for a romantic look.
Is your dress understated? If so, you can wear a necklace. There are a range of options to choose between, depending on your preferred style. Take, for example, a simple pendant necklace, or conversely, a statement necklace. Are you looking for something truly unique? Why not mix and match different necklaces.
A V neckline
Would you like to draw more attention to your cleavage rather than your necklace? If so, opt for a simple, gold necklace, with a small pendant.
Another possibility, of course, is to draw no attention to your V neckline at all. In this case, wearing a stunning bracelet and a pair of elegant earrings is the way to go.
A boat neckline
Jewellery in combination with a boat neckline should be understated. We advise against a necklace. That would be too much. A stunning pair of medium-length earrings and a matching bracelet will complete your outfit fabulously.
A high neckline
With this style of dress we do not advise wearinga necklace, but you can though add extra sparkle in your hairdo. Think for example of a tiara or little diamond grips in your hair. Similarly, medium-length earrings or a romantic bracelet will look stunning with this style of dress.
Bandeau or heart-shaped neckline
You could choose medium-length pendants, but do though make sure they are in balance with your necklace.
If you'll be wearing your hair up then striking stud earrings will look fabulous, or a tiara.
Will you be wearing your hair up? If so, opt for striking earrings and perhaps a tiara too, to attach to your veil. A short necklace is recommended, such as pendant necklace or choker.
This will also entail less upkeep and cleaning. Of course, you can always clean your jewellery yourself. Yet, regular, professional cleaning by a jeweller is highly recommended. This will ensure your jewellery looks as good as new again.
Bridal jewellery is often regarded as a great investment, so why wear them only the once, on your big day? Jewellery that is more understated is easier to wear with your everyday outfits. But were yours more like statement pieces? If so, wear them during holidays, or on special occasions.
Our Antwerp-based specialists respect traditions and boast the technical know-how in crafting top quality jewellery. Which is why we can offer you an extraordinary 20-year product guarantee.
Your BAUNAT jewellery is usually delivered within 7 working days in Belgium and most other European countries. If you choose your own design via the bespoke service, then you should keep in mind that it can take up to 4 weeks. You can track your jewellery piece throughout the process. And don't forget: from the day of receipt, you can return your jewellery at no cost within 30 days.