- A second proposal is a wonderful way of proving your love
- The ring for the second proposal can be a little more unusual
- Tips on how to make the proposal a true success
Most viewed diamond jewels
VeneziaFrom USD 4.500 (excl. VAT)
1.50 carat ring in red gold with round diamondsFrom USD 2.920 (excl. VAT)
1.00 carat solitaire halo ring in white gold with round diamondsFrom USD 2.560 (excl. VAT)
1.00 carat diamond flower ring in platinumFrom USD 1.020 (excl. VAT)
0.20 carat diamond design infinity necklace in platinumFrom USD 1.610 (excl. VAT)
A marriage proposal is one of the most beautiful moments in crowning a relationship. But just because you’re already married doesn’t mean you can’t relive that moment. The trend is clearly going in the direction of proposing for a second time. After all, with so many years of marriage behind you, what could be more beautiful than proving your love once again by proposing with a fitting diamond engagement ring? As the saying goes, two are better than one.
In the English-speaking world, the so-called “renewal” has been around for some time – it’s when a couple renews their vows as part of a festive ceremony. Not only is it romantic, but it also serves as a wonderful opportunity to dress up and lavishly celebrate with friends and family. It’s best followed by a second honeymoon at an exotic holiday resort or simply a cuddly parents-only weekend while the kids are with their grandparents or relatives.
Some suggestions on how to make the second proposal perfect:
- Choose a place that connects you – a place where you have shared wonderful moments together or that you have a very special relationship with. There is nothing better than revelling in wonderful memories together. Maybe it’s even the place where you met?
- Nothing creates a romantic atmosphere as quickly as the right music. Do you maybe have a common favourite song or a tune that you were listening to when you first met?
- The ring for the second proposal can be a bit more extravagant than the first time. In any case, it should be different from the first engagement ring.
- Forgot the ring size? No problem: Simply measure the existing wedding ring or engagement ring by using a tool such as a ring measurer.
- Be creative. But please, don’t put the ring in a champagne glass.
- Special occasions become even more beautiful in special clothing. Even if the second proposal is supposed to be a surprise, you can certainly make up an excuse for dressing up.
- Nervous? Try to speak freely in any case. It’s best to keep things a little shorter and not use a cheat sheet. Sure it’s helpful, but it isn’t necessarily romantic.
- Humour is about laughing anyway. Even with the second proposal, it’s possible that there will be some small glitches despite your planning and preparation. Take a relaxed approach – it’s the idea that counts.
A suitable engagement ring is of course a very central element of a second marriage proposal. You’ll find it at BAUNAT – our team of experts will be happy to advise you in your selection!