Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- How do I choose the perfect wedding ring?
- How to buy an engagement ring?
- Which earrings are perfect for you?
- How to choose a diamond bracelet?
- Which ladies' necklace will make you sparkle?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Whqt types of gemstones are there?
When it comes to beautiful diamond engagement rings, they all offer the promise of life-long love between two people, who decided to tie the knot together for the rest of their lives. Choosing the perfect beautiful diamond engagement ring for yourself or your bride-to-be is a wonderful adventure. However, sometimes, the choice is so vast that you do not know where to start. Here is a quick guide outlining the main advantages and disadvantages of both platinum and white gold.
- Beautiful diamond engagement rings in white gold
- Platinum and diamond engagement rings
Most viewed diamond jewels
VeneziaFrom € 6.220 (excl. VAT)
0.30 carat diamond stackable alliance in yellow gold with marquise designFrom € 1.200 (excl. VAT)
0.55 carat diamond eternity ring (full set) in white goldFrom € 1.270 (excl. VAT)
XO earrings in red gold with small round diamondsFrom € 780 (excl. VAT)
0.75 carat diamond creole earrings in yellow goldFrom € 3.340 (excl. VAT)
Beautiful diamond engagement rings in white gold
Platinum and white gold are both highly regarded precious metals but they are quite different.
White gold is the result of a combination of pure 24 kt gold with harder metals such as palladium, nickel and silver. Pure gold being a very soft metal, it is important to create this alloy, for added strength and durability.
That is also the reason why white gold is naturally slightly yellowish and the lower the percentage of alloy, the more yellowish it will seem. For instance, 18kt gold is the result of 75% pure gold mixed to a remaining 25% of other metals.
White gold has a distinct lustrous white surface sheen, that is obtained through the plating of the gold with rhodium. Rhodium is actually another metal that is used to add durability, to protect the ring and to add this white silver sheen to the ring.
Furthermore, white gold is easy to polish and to care for, you may need to have it rhodium plated every few years, but the result will look like having a brand new beautiful diamond engagement ring every time.
Platinum and diamond engagement rings
Platinum is similar in look to white gold, but it is very different in composition. First of all, it is one of the rarest element’s in the Earth’s crust which makes it highly desirable, but also more expensive.
Platinum is stronger and harder than gold, which is why it takes experienced goldsmiths to work with it, but it provides incredible lustre, that never needs re-polishing. Platinum’s colour is actually more of a greyish-white compared to that of white gold, but if you put two beautiful diamond engagement rings of each metal one next to the other, it is very hard to tell the difference.
Another advantage of platinum is that it is hypoallergenic, so if you have allergy doubts, platinum will always be your best option.
Overall, platinum engagement rings truly are extremely durable and resistant.
Are you looking for a beautiful diamond engagement ring for yourself or your bride-to-be? Look no further, BAUNAT has a wonderful collection of beautiful diamond engagement rings in platinum, white, yellow or even red gold. From classic jewellery to designer jewellery, our collections are available online or in our private showrooms. Please do not hesitate to contact us for guidance.